Sunday, May 13, 2007

Carnival Time!!!

The 66th edition of Carnival of the Godless is now avaliable for your reading pleasure at the Atheist Experience!!!

The next one, #67 on May 27, will be hosted by yours truly right here at Letters from a Broad!!!

I've never hosted a carnival before, so this should be a fun new experience. I've already started receiving submissions, and it looks like it's going to be a good one!!! (To submit a post, use the standard carnival form I linked to above, or email me directly: chanson dot exmormon at gmail dot com.)

I especially hope the atheists of Outer Blogness will make a good showing by submitting some of their best work. It seems like there's been an upsurge in posts tackling philosophical questions all over Outer Blogness (if you're wondering whether I'm talking about you, then yes, I'm talking about you), and some of the submissions I've already received are on the philosophical side as well, so it might be fun to try to have a philosophy sub-theme to the next Carnival. That way we can be sure the philosophers of blogspace are aware of one another and get some good idea-flow going.

Then to balance out the deep-n-heavy, I should probably request that people send in humor pieces as well. ;^) The Exterminator of No More Hornets says we atheists take ourselves way too seriously. I don't think so, but I agree it's a fine excuse to start a collection of atheist jokes, and Friendly Atheist has answered the call with two threads of atheist stand-up comedy here and here. (My personal favorite religion/comedy video series is Mr. Diety.)

Also, please don't forget about the tri-weekly Humanist Symposium. If you think your special post is more "humanist" than "atheist" send it to them, otherwise send it to me. :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now this is going to be great. Way cool, Chanson! I've been wanting to submit a post and now I'm extra motivated.

Thanks for hosting and I'm so looking forward to it.

C. L. Hanson said...

Cool, I look forward to your submission!!! :D